MFSB,TSOP, MFSB,TSOP, MFSB,TSOP, MFSB,TSOP, MFSB,TSOP,
NEW YEARS EVE CONCERT & DINNER @ the MUSIC ROOM IN PHILLY
TWO GRAMMY AWARD WINNING ARTISTS
M.F.S.B + Will Hart formerly of The Delfonics
Click Below To Order Tickets Via PayPal
(note: $75 seats are limited, as soon as they are gone the price goes up to $100)
NEW YEARS EVE CONCERT & DINNER @ the MUSIC ROOM IN PHILLY w/TWO GRAMMY AWARD WINNING ARTISTS, M.F.S.B + Will Hart + Special Guests
This compilation album has been out since last spring and I’m surprised nobody has been talking about it. This was one of the greatest FUNK bands of the 70s that nobody ever heard of . But EVERYBODY was diggin on their sound, since MFSB is who you hear behind nearly all of the Philadelphia International groups like OJays, Harold Melvin & the Bluenotes, Intruders, Archie Bell & the Drells and more. As a matter of facet .that MONSTER FONK you hear on the song "For The Love Of Money", is none other than MFSB They did however have a few hits on their own such as T.S.O.P which was of course much better known as the theme from Soul Train.
LOVE is the Message – The Best of MFSB
1. Interlude – nice big band funk/jazz cut, perfect intro to this album (only 51 sec.)
2. Love Is the Message The "Brooklyn National Anthem" is what we used to call this one, this song is still played in clubs in Brooklyn and Im sure all over the country. I hear it on the radio at least once/week in NY.its a sure bet to get people up on the floor anytime it comes on.
3. Poinciana – "muzak" (on a Barry White kinda tip !!)
4. Freddie’s Dead – great instrumental cover of the Curtis Mayfield classic
5. My One and Only Love – beautiful jazz ballad, its one that could just be put on repeat", the whole night.. sounds like a smoky & funky Harlem bar in the 1950s
6. Sexy – disco, disco, disco, disco..lol
7. Something For Nothing – kinda schlocky
8. Zacks Fanfare – oh yeah man.. reminds me of Cab Calloway, I like it .It make my toes tap !!
9. Back Stabbers – great instrumental cover of the OJays classic. I wonder if its really a "cover" since they played on the original ??
10. Bitter Sweet – ahhhh very nice cut. Another Jazz ballad that could be played all night long & then they change up toa smooth jazz/funk "city scape" kinda thing…very nice
12. Cheaper To Keep Her – This is one of the BEST cover versions of ANY song I’ve ever heard. True its an instrumental, but quite frankly Id rather listen to the MFSB version than the Johnny Taylor version. very bluesy & funky.
13. My Mood – "fusion music" in a Grover Washington/Bob James/CTI kinda mode.
14. TLC (Tender Lovin Care) – Oh yeah. I remember this cut jumpin right off the needle back in the day !!
15. Philadelphia Freedom – instrumental remake of the Elton John classic
16. Smile Happy – great instrumental cover of the WAR classic
I feel like dancing now